Thursday 13 September 2007

Musings from Beijing

It looks like Beijing might be permanent for us now that I have discovered where to buy marmite. This place has an amazing combination of cool, kitsch and wacky all rolled into one. Last week we went to a restuarant and ordered fish, so 10 minutes before fantastically named "inside out fish" is served a waitress comes round with a box and lifts the lid and this huge fish almost jumps out of the box, waitress puts lid back on box, goes round the room showing person at the table in turn before heading off. 10 minutes later we have fresh fish for dinner!
I guess in china, having fish is like getting a bottle of red.

Just loving it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Motshedi, why don't you take a look at kgosimotswana.blogspot.com and see if you like anything there. I could do with a few suggestions myself. Otherwise thanks for a nice blog and great sentiment. I suppose you can guese my email address from the name of my blog. If you would, please don't hesitate. Regards