Monday 30 April 2007

The life and times of a Motswana Abroad

The right to the title "Motswana" has been contested over the decades, but I shall wear it and own it with pride and those that quibble, may quibble away!

The latest drama in life has been trying to answer the age old dilemma of how to convince the children to speak Setswana and not just to understand it. To that end, I have enlisted the help of a fellow Motswana at the High Commission and hopefully something will come from my plea for the High Commission to assist with the establishment of classes for children of Batswana abroad to speak Setswana with each other. Watch this space

All other ideas about how to do this are most welcome

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go, gurl! With your bad motswana self :-) So impressed that you've started blogging before I did; and I call myself a writer...Well I guess I'm supposed to actually comment on your CONTENT and not just make small talk. Here goes nothing: I think it's a jolly good idea to make sure those lovely little girls speak their mother tongue (or is it their mother's tongue?) before leaving the house. Granted, you have many years to work on it, but it is a project worth pursuing.

Toodles! I can't wait to read more!